Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Puppies » Welcome to the Puppy Training Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #11
crazydays
Been Around A While

Hi Carol. That is a huge accomplishment! Wow I dream of being able to clear out the front door. Cagney(Standard Schnauzer) barks at visitors (she is a guard-dog). I have a 4 month english Springer and she is so happy to greet everyone...she has started springing very high. So, it is chaos whenever I have visitors. I am working on all techniques to stop them from running to the front door. My stay hasn't as of yet been successful! Anyway, this message is in response to your success. It gives me some hope!
http://cagneyriopetlover.spaces.live.com/?[/url]
crazydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 AM   #12
bulldogger95
New Around Here

I have a pit bull/chow mix puppy. Is this a bad mix?

I know and have dealt with pits, but never a chow.

Is my puppy a BAD breed?

He's starting to be a real lover. And my other dog isn't trying to bite him as often.

Thanks,
Sharon
bulldogger95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
gage
New Around Here

i have a puppy border terrier and he keeps trying to bite my hamster what can i do (i cant stop them from seeing each other ther isnt enough room any wher else.
p.s. i no it is in there nature to hunt small mamals but i dont want him to start chasing mice , rats, squirles, hedgehogs and birds whist out on walks coz he might get hurt
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #14
dogforever
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mania View Post
Knowing how to properly socialize and train puppies may mean the difference between dogs that end up in a shelter, on the street, being put down and those that become bonafide members of the family. There may be general principles but the more one knows about different training methods the better prepared one will be to adapt those methods to their puppy.
Hello thanks for doing great job I need some help can u give any idea about for good health of my puppies he is so poor healthy have u any tips for it
dogforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #15
Labman
Been Around A While

Good health starts with good breeding. From there, it is largely a matter of limiting exposure to problems and good vet care.

Getting back to the title of this thread, see http://www.apdt.com/po/news/docs/Messer_Nov06.pdf

Some great how to on safely giving a young puppy what it needs.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Puppies