Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Breeding and Puppy Care » What would you make of this?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
puggie_momma
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to puggie_momma Send a message via MSN to puggie_momma Send a message via Yahoo to puggie_momma
What would you make of this?

Ok so we're expecting a litter. I have am somewhat new to breeding. Done oodles of research and do consider myself pretty knowledgable, but this one has got me confused. We will be going into the vet today I think but I wanted to hear from any other breeders to see what they thought.

So here it goes. We are on day 62 and we have had a temp drop everyday for the last like five days, usually in the morning, and then goes back to normal. She's doing a lot of hiding and panting and the normal signs and I've liten to the pups heart beats with a stethascope and I can hear them. Why is her temp fluctuating so much? Has anyone else expierinces this? The other litters we have whelmed with no issues and usually are born days before day 63, more like day 57-58. What do you think is up with her temp?

You know as I'm writing this I now just realized that every time I wake up I'm very cold, could it be the same for her?

I don't know, I know temps are 99% accurate so, and temp taking has always worked for me in the past.
~~~~~~~~~~
I <3 Pugs!!
puggie_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
puggie_momma
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to puggie_momma Send a message via MSN to puggie_momma Send a message via Yahoo to puggie_momma
She's acting a little different today and is Sitting with me and gives me a little woof now and then like letting me know hey, I'm right here.
~~~~~~~~~~
I <3 Pugs!!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
puggie_momma
Been Around A While

Well vet says not to bring her in just yet, she thinks it's nt too much of a fluctuation. Has anyone else expierinced this?
~~~~~~~~~~
I <3 Pugs!!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Yup, Belles temp would flucuate big time before she welped. Temps are a good way to know when to start expecting pups, but I go more off of how she is acting and if she is eating, although I know someone whos dog ate right before whelping and during Belle also never has her puppies early, she has them on or in the case of her last litter 5 days late
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Breeding and Puppy Care