Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum » Thinking of adopting this girl

Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 AM   #11
Shells_k
Been Around A While

I have been thinking about you guys all day....looking forward to hearing how it went.

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 AM   #12
saveawolf
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to saveawolf
she lovey i hope it all works out
ou can close your eyes to hide the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to hide the things you don't want to feel...x
saveawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

The meeting of the dogs did NOT go well, but I've seen worse, and haven't given up yet. She charged at Grizz-Bang who is very old and barely gets around, and ran from Baloo, yelping liked he'd tried to kill her when he touched her on the shoulder with his paw. No blood was shed in the 4-5 minute test meeting. Just a lot of noise and running around. The theory is that she had another dog with her when she was turned into the shelter, another female that she had bonded with while they were both chained in a back yard. The other dog was adopted from the shelter right away and this one was not. I was going to try another meeting this weekend but have too many other things going on, so it will have to wait another week. Baloo became a bit reactive when she ran away yelping and I actually had to grab him by his collar. He didn't try to hurt her but was pushing hard, which escalated her behavior and the noise. I've never heard a collie make noise like this one.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #14
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
So sorry the meeting did not go well. She must miss her buddy very much, what will happen if you do not take her? I always try to put myself inside their heads and wonder what they must be thinking is going on poor thing. I hope another meeting goes better.

Hugs Susan & the Turf Gang
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Right now she's in a foster home and the only dog there. The foster mom wants another dog though, and isn't willing to keep her long-term. If she gets a forever home as an only dog that would be best, but she's already had two of those, supposedly, and was returned. I've thought of taking only one dog at a time, but that wouldn't be an accurate picture of our home.
Baloo started out trying to play, but she was terrified of him. The rescue can't even house her because of her reaction to other dogs. I'm guessing the only other dog she was ever exposed to was the other dog in the backyard, or else she had a bad exposure to another dog at some point in her past.
For now, we'll just keep at it and hope she comes around. She came right to me when I first got there, before I let the dogs out of the Jeep.
I really have seen far worse. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

I just realized what the noise she makes sounds like. A GSD screaming. She looks like she's mixed with Malamute, but I'll bet she's actually Collie/GSD.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Ann, you're so awesome. So many ppl would've been beyond put off by that reaction. Poor scared girl. She's the opposite of Max when we got him. Max was terrified of us, but immediately loved the other dogs. He did scream at them, but it was happy monkey screaming.

Keep us updated. I hope she calms down. Maybe if you just try one of yours next time? Poor girl. Her people really let her down. I hope we get to see this girl in your posts in the future. She could herd the baby bunnies the rottis find.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #18
Shells_k
Been Around A While

you're awesome Ann, just awesome. The fact that you had a meeting like that, and still not throwing in the towel yet says everything about the type of person you are, and that you are the right type of person for rescue.
Bless you Ann.

Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
. .))
Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells_k View Post
you're awesome Ann, just awesome. The fact that you had a meeting like that, and still not throwing in the towel yet says everything about the type of person you are, and that you are the right type of person for rescue.
Bless you Ann.
Shells, are we long lost sisters? Or is it just a great minds think alike situation?
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #20
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerbiesMom View Post
Shells, are we long lost sisters? Or is it just a great minds think alike situation?
Sisters from a different mister. And great minds think alike

Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
. .))

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum