Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum » Howdy from Houston

Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Howdy from Houston

Hey ya'll. It's been a long time. But I was hoping some of you animal lovers would take a look and help or share the info.

On 9/1/2010 I took in three APBT/mixes. They were dropped off at my hubby's plant. He called me on a Monday and said there are three dogs here I wonder if you could followup with some of your rescue contacts and find out if anyone has space for them. They're APBT so if we let animal control take them they could be put down. They've been here all weekend and are starving.

So he took a photo and sent it. They were starving. He said they were such sweet dogs he couldnt just let them go to a/c without trying. So I spent the new few days contacting every rescue I could think of...every one friends suggested, everyone I could find online, and every one from a resource directy provided by another from here to San Antonio. Probably 40 groups in 3 days. On Wed..his plant manager said we are going to need them removed by the end of the day (CEO was coming to the plant the next day). So he brought them home...2 days before I was supposed to leave for vacation.

We made arrangements for them with our dog sitter and took them to their first vet visit. They were kept seperated from our group until after we got back for their safety and the safety of our pets. When I got home...I got them with a group that would help me screen homes and help with medical costs if I agreed to foster. So that's where we are now.

I have 2 females and one male. Females were spayed on Wed. Male is to be scheduled. Two are approx 10 mos old and we think are pups of the older fem who is about 2 yrs old. Pups are HW - and mom is positive (we will be treating her before placement). So I am just sharing their story hoping someone will consider them for adoption. I have had them here three weeks and they've made great strides in learning the rules of the house. So I ask of you to share their story...their photo and ask your friends/family to check them out in a few days on www.nokill1.org, Friendsforlife will be listing them for adoption.

Thanks friends!

PS I have photos but they're too large to upload. Have them on FB too...pm if you'd like to see.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I was wondering how you've been! Yay for helping those babies. I have a pit mix too, lol. I found a preggo one in March, and I'm having quite the time placing her. I hope you have better luck than I am. Hope everything is well with the labs and the human baby. I bet she's big now.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Momto3
Been Around A While

Bless you for taking them in and getting them up to par. Don't know anyone around you so I'm worthless - sorry.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Cerbies...she's 2 now and almost 3 ft tall. She's huge. She's really getting to talking. She says night, night to all the pups before she goes to sleep. It's like the Waltons but with dogs. She's really a hoot.

My pups are good. They're all chubby. We struggle to keep their weight down. Even more so that we have the rescues in house b/c they all needed weight. So when one gets a treat or one group the other group gets one. Not good. LOL.

Just keep me in mind if you know of anyone looking to adopt in the area.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

As long as you keep me in mind, too. I've got a pit mix foster as well who's been with us since March. Yours are so pretty. And I can't believe your daughter is so big already. I remember her baby pic you put on here.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Will do. We expect to have them AWHILE. I know...I'll have to post another one. They grow so fast.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum