Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum » GeeGee

Old 06-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
She has detached cornea in the right eye and cataract in the left. Her right eye is completly blue in color, solid cloudy/milky blue. The vet said just to use artificial tears, if anything. The stuff she was on was to help shrink the eye or help save it, when it was unsavable.

Do you think the drops will help? I am heading to her place Thursday/Friday.

Its amazing how well her skin is healing, I been putting neosporine on her ears, only a few days with me and the diffrence is amazing.

The lady let her jump off stairs and go flying at her age this is her exact words "if I've been away and let her out when I come home she goes flying thru the house and out the back door to potty" "shes so cute, she will leap through the air, all legs sprawled out, landing on the concrete at full speed"

I cant imagain this dog doing any of that, and if she was I wouldnt allow it...shes too old and too frail...

I think she was talkin out her ass, tryin to make it out that she was more energetic and more healthy than she is.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
Momto3
Been Around A While

IDK Meredith. If your vet has not diagnosed Glaucoma then she might not have it although my vet knows nothing about eye thingies either. The whole "shrink the eye" is what made me think of Galucoma. The tears are available at Walmart OTC but I'd suggest the gel tears. I get mine from an on-line source for less than $10 a tube. The gel tears last longer and are more effective.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #13
Shara
Been Around A While

I have been feeding her a LOT but she still isnt gaining any weight, I can still feel her ribs and spine...wonder what I should do???
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #14
bootscar1
Been Around A While

Here is a site that has all kinds of weight gain recipes for dogs ...... Maybe you could use one of those ..
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/diet4.htm
bootscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #15
Shara
Been Around A While

Thanks! I will see if she will eat anything like that. The problem is she wont eat. I have tried all sorta canned foods she throws her nose up at...

I am tryin to get some weight on her so she looks good for her mom..after that its her problem child...LOL
~Meredith
Old 06-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #16
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
You will work wonders for her and I am sure just having you love and care for her is making her a very happy little girl. whatever the outcome you are doing a great thing, but then what else would we expect from you. Your heart will win the battle and you know you have all our prayers and best wishes for you both. Hugs Susan & Lexcee xxxxxxxxxxxxx
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #17
Momto3
Been Around A While

Nutrical is a high calorie paste in a tube. I use it for the ones I have to put weight on fast. Puppy food, baby food, vienna sausages... Maybe she won't eat cause she's just trying to get her bearings? IDK - Merlin is the one I have problems getting weight on but he eats like a horse...just burns it off like a greyhound on crack.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #18
Shara
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
Nutrical is a high calorie paste in a tube. I use it for the ones I have to put weight on fast. Puppy food, baby food, vienna sausages... Maybe she won't eat cause she's just trying to get her bearings? IDK - Merlin is the one I have problems getting weight on but he eats like a horse...just burns it off like a greyhound on crack.

HAHAHA... I think thats what this one is doing, burning it off like Merlin. I have nutrical senior but she wont eat it.

You would think her being so skinny she would be hungry a lot more, but she almost POOPS it out as fast as you get it in her...

Never seen a dog that soon as she eats needs to go outside immediatly, lucky I have that diaper on her or we would have had many messes to clean up...
~Meredith
Old 06-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #19
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
HAHAHA... I think thats what this one is doing, burning it off like Merlin. I have nutrical senior but she wont eat it.

You would think her being so skinny she would be hungry a lot more, but she almost POOPS it out as fast as you get it in her...

Never seen a dog that soon as she eats needs to go outside immediatly, lucky I have that diaper on her or we would have had many messes to clean up...
This is Brigit. Eat, immediately go outside to poop. The boys, not so much. LOL, all 3 of mine burn food like greyhounds on crack. I love that phrase. I'm gonna stop at the store and get stuff for satin balls. I'll have to cook them, DH wouldn't be pleased with the raw aspect of those. Silly germaphobe.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #20
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

GeeGee is the pap, right? Just keep feeding her as normal, and maybe add the nutri-cal on. Pap's really are a thin breed. Is she a picky eater? Roxy will pick at her food like a little bird..maybe eat a few bites and then she is "full". She's fairly thin, but I think she's just watching her figure.

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum