Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes » what side dishes do you make for your

Old 11-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Ooh, and on Christmas Eve, I take the kids and do a 'design your own sugar cookie' workshop.. I bake all the cookies in different shapes before hand, and then bring the frosting and sprinkles and those little sugar shape things..and they have a blast. =] I loooove the holidays, can you tell?

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
Ooh, and on Christmas Eve, I take the kids and do a 'design your own sugar cookie' workshop.. I bake all the cookies in different shapes before hand, and then bring the frosting and sprinkles and those little sugar shape things..and they have a blast. =] I loooove the holidays, can you tell?
I kinda got that feelling, but you may have to convence us jussssst a liiiiiiiiitlle bit harder!!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Welllll, not only will I have a christmas outfit (I'm not a dress person) but Lady will have a christmas dress, and Giz some fancy clothes too (I am looking for a bow tie). I am trying to teach Lady how to sing..lol..with hopes that she can come along for some christmas caroling. This year, we're also baking up a ground turkey, mashed potatoe, peas, corn, gravy and kibble concoction for the dogs to eat while we do. It'll keep them from begging at the table..lol..
And I'm a big time decorator.. I wish I could get paid to decorate christmas trees. You have no idea how much time I put into trees.. My mother has an 8ft fake tree, that I'll post pics of when it goes up as well as my own tree..(our tree is getting done in red, silver, and dog..ohh just wait..lol)..It takes me like a day to just get the tree up and decorated..and I do it all to Christmas music..

Plus, I know EVERY song..lol, it's the only thing I listen to from the day after thanksgiving until christmas day. =]

Are you convinced yet?

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #14
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
..and I do it all to Christmas music..

Plus, I know EVERY song..lol, it's the only thing I listen to from the day after thanksgiving until christmas day. =]

Are you convinced yet?
Welllllllll, I 'spose ... to be honest, you had me at: We do it big in our family for both holidays!! But I wanted YOU to be convinced!!!
- Michael -

Old 11-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #15
sandyb
Been Around A While

We've been in Australia for 30 years now but I'm still not used to having Christmas in the heat of summer! For years we kept up the English tradition of roast turkey with all the trimmings, but it was too hot to enjoy (and cook) most times. Now we mainly have seafood, cold turkey, ham and salads - and let me tell you it just isn't the same! One Christmas I want to go to New York - or anywhere in America or Canada - and experience the way you celebrate it. Now don't all rush to feel sorry for me and invite me over to your place ...........
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:27 AM   #16
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
We've been in Australia for 30 years now but I'm still not used to having Christmas in the heat of summer! For years we kept up the English tradition of roast turkey with all the trimmings, but it was too hot to enjoy (and cook) most times. Now we mainly have seafood, cold turkey, ham and salads - and let me tell you it just isn't the same! One Christmas I want to go to New York - or anywhere in America or Canada - and experience the way you celebrate it. Now don't all rush to feel sorry for me and invite me over to your place ...........
Not wanting to sound eager, but I will offer that if you can get here, I'll show you a Traditional Midwest Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner
- Michael -

Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 AM   #17
sandyb
Been Around A While

Well Michael, that is very kind! Maybe one of these days I'll take you up on that offer! It's been a dream of mine for many years.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes