Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes » a very special treat

Old 12-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
gsdmama
Been Around A While

a very special treat

since i could use a nutcracker about the age of 5 i use to help my grandma and mom make home made baklava. it was a real treat to every one that we gave this decadent treat to. To see their eyes pop out and say "wow you helped make this". now as mom is getting up there in age and making my own for 17 years i carry on the tradition and i know that when mom can't do it anymore i know that the neighbors and others will miss out so besides making for our new neighbors and friends i will continue to make it for people that i have known since well knee high.

what is your nationality and do your family make a special treat to give as a gift.

I am Greek and for the last 50 plus years my family has made baklava which is done at Christmas time and we give it to friends and neighbors and people who we don't give gifts to.

back in the day we use to use paper plates and wrap them in foil and put a package bow on it.

now i use fancy christmas plates and colorful cellophane wrap and beautiful christmas ribbon.

Kala Christouyena-Merry Christmas in Greek

Avva-Anna
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
IslandAngel
Been Around A While

omg~! u have a pic?
w0w, i'm drooling here! must be oh so tasty!
IslandAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
gsdmama
Been Around A While

i will take pics.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes