Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Canine Competive Athlete » Conner ***The agility Star***

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #21
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6dogmom View Post
That's the method I learned through school so I know it, I think it is good for some and not others. The bullies I think are sometimes so stubborn. I think this method works great for them. I am working this method at home as well with my other guys. I have made so much progress with all of them.
Is there any detailed info on the internet that explains this training method? Id like to read on it and then look for a local trainer. I need to know what Im talking about before I can ask the right questions. (If you read my recent post on the "domanance makes you dumb thread" you know what Im talking about).
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDog4U View Post
Is there any detailed info on the internet that explains this training method? Id like to read on it and then look for a local trainer. I need to know what Im talking about before I can ask the right questions. (If you read my recent post on the "domanance makes you dumb thread" you know what Im talking about).
Let me talk to my trainer tonight and find a good description to best describe what method it is. It seems to me much like the dog whisperers methods, but with a lighter touch.
Lots of praise. I just found that with the treats they wouldn't focus on me if I didn't have a treat. They weren't working for me then, they were working more for the treat. Personally to me I don't want to be ranked under a piece of liver to my dog. I would much rather be the leader.
Using her methods I can now walk four of mine all at the same time, alone past people and strange dogs. I am proud of that. We all know that the bullies could really take me for a ride if they wanted to.
She owns a very famous cadaver dog, Ruggar. He has found bodies from hurricane Katrina, and Ike. Along with many overseas missions. He has found bodies 50ft under water without leaving the boat. Very impressive to me.
you can check out her web site: www.stillwaterdogtraining.com
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Conner is so cute in your video. I've never seen a bully doing agility. Here's another way to promote your breed. They never cease to amaze me; real all-around dogs.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Canine Competive Athlete