Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > General Training » Glen Rose Trial

Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Glen Rose Trial

For Sharas first trial of the year, we are heading down to Glen Rose for a 2 day trial in Rally to finish up Excellent.

We prolly wont even pass because its on DIRT...and I have a doxie...we will see...It should be interesting!

Wish us luck we gonna need it.

Excellent Rally is all off leash and I have heard horror stories of birds landing in the ring and such...

LOL...

If I had known all this I wouldnt have entered! LOL
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
All fingers and paws (& claws lol) crossed here, just make sure she has a good time. Keep us posted and take pics please.

Hugs Susan & the Turf Gang
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Good Luck!!!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Good luck! how's Shar's leg doing? Obviously better, if you're taking her trialing. Just curious as to what helped, since we both seem to have troublesome doxies. Yeah, you're brave with the outdoor trials. I'd lose Brig in a heartbeat.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #5
Shara
Been Around A While

Shara got her title, with horrific scores! Haha...

The dirt DIDNT bother her! It was the COLD...it was 30 something degrees and no heaters in the arena.

The first day, she should have gotten a 9X score, but the judge said I did a station wrong (I didnt care and wasnt going to argue with her)

The second day she wouldnt do the back up steps, so that put us in the 90s as well...with a few minor mistakes here and there our scores were 83 and 84.

~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
Shara
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerbiesMom View Post
Good luck! how's Shar's leg doing? Obviously better, if you're taking her trialing. Just curious as to what helped, since we both seem to have troublesome doxies. Yeah, you're brave with the outdoor trials. I'd lose Brig in a heartbeat.

We belive her leg thing is purely a nervous tick type thing. We are working on building her confidence.

I do a lot of wierd rituals to get her comfortable when traveling. I start her on anti anxiety pills from the vet 3 days before I travel with her.

She gets 'go dog' mix in her water, its like gatorade for dogs. It makes her drink water and eat. She would refuse to drink on trips, and not eat well...hence why she was getting sick...

Another "secret" I do is give her a bath every night, it makes her do the 'zoomies" and act crazy, and then that makes her comfortable in the strange hotel room.

My friends who know little about Shara noticed how well she acted after her bath, she was up in everyones lap and was a totally diffrent acting dog.

I am very pleased with her on this trip, no sickness, and she did fantastic in the ring!
~Meredith
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Congrats!! I would really love to put an obedience or rally title on Dusty. Right now time and money problems are getting in the way.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

congrats! even if the scores didn't reflect her best.
Lib always liked dirt floors, and Baloo seems to also. Plays hell with picture taking but oh well! Up here in the north, we use dirt floor barns for agility training in the winter, so we're used to it! There's a nice arena about an hour west of me (mats covering concrete flooring) that I used to take Lib to now and then, but the closer the better in snowy weather.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > General Training