Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health » Health and Fitness Challenge

Old 02-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #21
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

LOL! I just read that. It's 70 out right now, and I'm stuck inside til dark! I hate it! I want to be out there. I got my upper body workout last night walking this totally uncontrollable dog. It was awful. I brought my halti with me today, and he was so much better. I'm glad it fit him

And, I bought a gian bag of salad last night, I'm gonna dig in when I get home.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #22
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

I found a new way to drop weight .......... well OK, not new but .........

Over the last 15 days I've lost 4 lbs by shoveling my 800 sq ft of driveway 6 times. It was covered with with 3", 8", 6", 11" and today 7" of snow. The 11" snowfall was the worst for weight. I took over 6000 shovel-fulls of snow to clear the drive ... each shovel full weighed aprx 15 lbs. Thats 90,000 lbs of snow that i moved over two days. Today was the coldest ... I went out three different times b/c windchills were about 15-22 below.

Three words:

COME ON SPRING ..........
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 AM   #23
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

My god man, I hope you don't have a heart attack! Buy a snow blower for crying out loud! LMAO Just joking, sounds like a good calorie burner. I wonder how many calories arguing w/ spouse burns?
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 AM   #24
k9mania
Administrator

I took the dogs on an hour hike on Thursday and then did 11/2 hour of snowshoeing at 8000 feet with one of the dogs. I felt pretty good. I don't know that it helped with weight but emotionally it was great. Shoveling snow would be great..not too much in the Central Valley of CA
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #25
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

2dogs, I have a snow blower, but it broke down trying to move the mountian of snow. So as my dad always said, "You do what you have to do" ...

I push myself, but I'm very careful to not overdue it.

You don't burn calories argeeing, but you do releive stress .....

K9, I dislike outdoor winter activities so any outdoor recreation is not to high on my list. I'm sure that snowshoeing is a great time, especially with the dog.

If you miss the snow that bad, maybe we can arrange to send some out your way!!!
- Michael -

Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #26
REWOPJMP
Site Regular

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDog4U View Post
I found a new way to drop weight .......... well OK, not new but .........

Over the last 15 days I've lost 4 lbs by shoveling my 800 sq ft of driveway 6 times. It was covered with with 3", 8", 6", 11" and today 7" of snow. The 11" snowfall was the worst for weight. I took over 6000 shovel-fulls of snow to clear the drive ... each shovel full weighed aprx 15 lbs. Thats 90,000 lbs of snow that i moved over two days. Today was the coldest ... I went out three different times b/c windchills were about 15-22 below.

Three words:

COME ON SPRING ..........
Holy cow that's a lot of snow. We had a foot not to long ago and it was gone in two days. That's the kind of snow I like. Thank goodness I don't have to shovel. That's what I had two boys for. Shoveling in the winter, mowing in the summer. lol
I've walked three out of the last four days, three miles each.. Also, when I walk I throw in some obedience for Graycee. She's getting much better. I'ld love to be able to put her in some rally this summer.
Training class is doing great. We did some agility last time, trained her in the closed tunnel. She loves it. She's finally out of heat too. That was a pain.

just a little foot note. why is my labrador retriever afraid of feathers. lol
REWOPJMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 AM   #27
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWOPJMP View Post
Holy cow that's a lot of snow. We had a foot not to long ago and it was gone in two days. That's the kind of snow I like.
Our problem out here is that we get the jetstreem pushing the fronts around. It snows, and the next day we get a cold artic blast out of Canada and we go into a deep freeze. Then we get a few warm days (15-20 degrees) and it snows again. I actually have 5' of show piled on both sides of my garage and I have snow on both sides of my driveway 4' high.
- Michael -

Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
REWOPJMP
Site Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDog4U View Post
Our problem out here is that we get the jetstreem pushing the fronts around. It snows, and the next day we get a cold artic blast out of Canada and we go into a deep freeze. Then we get a few warm days (15-20 degrees) and it snows again. I actually have 5' of show piled on both sides of my garage and I have snow on both sides of my driveway 4' high.
SUPPOSE TO GET 2 INCHES OF SNOW TOMORROW, THAT'S MORE THAN I CARE FOR. LOL
Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #29
REWOPJMP
Site Regular

hanging by a thread

Still hanging in there. The weather is getting nicer slowly. Packed up my stuff and took graycee to a sand pit and did some agility with her. She really comes alive when we do that. She loves the tunnels. Great exercise for the both of us running around like fools.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #30
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

I think I've only gained weight since adopting Noodle, but that could be cause I'm preggers. We walk about two - four miles everyday though, sometimes only one if I'm too tired, sometimes at the track and sometimes at the special doggie trail they have at the park..and all the other times all over our neighborhood. Neighborhood walks are the easiest for me, but also tedious cause everyone stops and wants to pet little Noodz.. and all I wanna do is get home and SIT. The doctor wants me walking regularly though and Noodle is a good walking companion. He's SO concerned with what's happening to me. If it's a kiddo that walks up and wants to pet, he's alright, he'll go up give him nudges on the hand, etc.. but if it's an adult, Noodle plants himself firmly next to me..and lets them pet them.oh boy..if it's a big man, Noodle won't even sit down, he just stares..and will give a wag of the tail if he likes him. (our neighborhood is rather poor, and I think Noodle knows he's gotta protect..) Oh boy, if I'm getting tired, he knows, he'll look up at me, and if I don't smile, he sits down in place so I can rest, so really I owe a lot of thanks to my little man..mommy gets her excercise cause Noodz won't let anything happen to me..
NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health