Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health » I've been jogging!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I've been jogging!

I did yoga sunday, then went jogging with Cerb and Jas mon, tues, and last night. I feel soooo good right now. I haven't jogged in about 8 years. The last 3 weeks or so I've really been working out on a regular basis. I can tell a huge difference.

How is everybody else doing?
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerbiesMom View Post
I did yoga sunday, then went jogging with Cerb and Jas mon, tues, and last night. I feel soooo good right now. I haven't jogged in about 8 years. The last 3 weeks or so I've really been working out on a regular basis. I can tell a huge difference.

How is everybody else doing?

Hey girl, that is great to hear! Ive been walking/running with Tigger, short distances, walk some then jog, walk, then jog...ect..when I can. Right now we have 50MPH winds so its not fun to be outside at all lol.

Tigger makes me feel slow, when I am running he litterally just walks with a big stride...lol Does Cerbie do that with you ? hehe.

I have a Pilates CD that is collecting dust I need to crack into...lol.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

I'm running almost non-stop after a puppy. Does that count?

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
I'm running almost non-stop after a puppy. Does that count?

roflmao!
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
Howler
Been Around A While

i walk 2 miles to work every day (then back home), take the dogs for a run every day and twice a week i jog, charlie has come with me twice and both times we gave and up and just mucked around lol. tips on running with a mad and strong pooch are very welcome!!!!
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
sandyb
Been Around A While

Good work everyone! I do plenty of walking, but I REALLY need to get back to the gym.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
elsasmom
Been Around A While

I wear a pedometer and aim for a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. I've averaged 11,000 per day since October 2009. I walk for 20 minutes for my lunch break at work and then take Elsa for a walk after work and long hikes on weekends with friends and their dogs Walking is really so addictive. _Marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Furbilator
Been Around A While

Generally Cassie and I walk 3 - 6km per day. I can't jog or run because of my bad feet - broken them and never really back to 100%. Combine that with the amount of home renovation and landscaping I've done over the past month it is no wonder I've lost 13lbs. But unfortunately I have a ways to go before I get to my goal weight. Cassie loves the extra workout but I have to be careful coming into the summer heat as she gets heat exhaustion very easily.
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
pennycantu
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howler View Post
i walk 2 miles to work every day (then back home), take the dogs for a run every day and twice a week i jog, charlie has come with me twice and both times we gave and up and just mucked around lol. tips on running with a mad and strong pooch are very welcome!!!!
i've had dobbies, a husky and now a crazy 8 month old lab! i had to use a pinch collar. i don't know if they are available in the uk. what i've done with all of them is put them on the pinch and put a long lead on them. i walk around and don't worry about them. when i see they aren't paying attention, i make a sudden turn in the opposite direction which will cause them to give themself a good jerk and make them look. at the end of the session, they are on a 25ft lead, walking with their head on my leg paying attention to everything i do. it took 3 good walking sessions with my lab for her to walk beautifully and ignore other dogs. we are now working on sitting when i stop walking but that won't be too hard.

if you can't find a pinch, try the correction collar. the pinch doesn't hurt them unless you abuse it, but they are causing the force to themself not you yanking on it. we met up with some people for a dog show this weekend and the lady kept yanking on the dogs correction collar. she'd sh*t herself if she collapsed the dogs' asaphagus. i stay out of other people's business when it comes to that though. she has 3 beautiful border collies and i guess if the other two were perfect and 1 was crazy, then she knew something she was doing was working for her. anyway, my experience with this came from one of our K9 officers where i was working at the time. my husky was horrible on leash so i used this method, well she actually came to the house with her shepard and showed me how to do it. it worked a miracle! i'm telling you it works. walk one way, suddenly and quickly take a different direction so the dog will be caught off guard and will put the pressure himself. he'll pay attention to you in about 10 min after that.
pennycantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
Howler
Been Around A While

he walks lovely with a halti but jogging with it wasnt so great, he's great on a half-check but i lost it when we moved and have yet to replace it. our lab is great, hes really responsive to vocal commands but my staff charlie is a whole other matter lol.
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health