Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes » what is your favorite comfort food<

Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
gsdmama
Been Around A While

what is your favorite comfort food<

I love the fall i tend to cook more. I love the greek chicken lemon soup or a chicken pot pie. I love to make my mom's pot roast. For something quick and simple i like creamy tomato soup and grill cheese. I also like to make pumpkin and banana nut breads in mini loaves they last longer. I like to bake a chicken in the oven and make mash potatoes and gravy and use the leftovers for other things like the soup or the pot pie.

What do you like make?

rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
ooo I love to bake, I cant cook like normal food, but I can bake cakes and pies and stuff .... heheh

I honestly havent ever made pumkin or bannana nut bread, well I think I have once but didnt come out good, for some reason...mmm maybe you can share your recipe!!!

Favorite comfort food gotta be fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy with dinner rolls! mmmm I also like to put jalapinoes in the mashed potatoes...dont knock ittill you try it!

Last edited by Shara : 10-12-2008 at 11:36 PM.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
lucysnewmum
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to lucysnewmum
caribbean jerk chicken dumplings...deffo - oh...and i just learnt how to make marmalade and if i say so myself its pretty damn good!

ZACK
My loyal friend forever in sunshine

Gilly
lucysnewmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
I love to cook, but don't have alot of time. I guess my favorite comfort food would be when I cook a full roast dinner (English Style) you know roast potatoes, yorkshire putting, lots of veg, gravy and then bake and eve pudding and custard for dessert. The others would be homemade Mac & Cheese and homemade scalloped potatoes. I wish I had more time to cook then maybe I could gain some weight lol. Susan & Lexcee
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

LOL. This is making me hungry. I love pot roast too. And well when it comes to Thanksgiving...I love the pies!
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:46 AM   #6
caninejan
Been Around A While

I love to cook, but don't have much time right now, so, I guess my comfort food lately would be...CHICKEN CHEESE STEAK with extra fried onions and cheese. If I was doing the cooking, chicken and dumplings would do it!

Bubba at play during a break from training. Mary is in the background.
caninejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #7
Weesha1717
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Weesha1717
Ha ha I like to make my own icecream. And, let my husband do all the cooking lol!
Having fun enjoying the West...One adventure after another!
Weesha1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
gsdmama
Been Around A While

yum oh yorkshire pudding. My aunt in law makes those when we have a roast. Hubby is Irish.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:03 AM   #9
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Its a toss up between: Beef and Noddles and Chicken and Noddles.

Also at the top on my list is my 2 Alarm Chilli, Spagetti and Meatballs, Lasignia and Garlic Bread.

Favorite CF breakfast: Two eggs "over easy" with Wheat Toast and a short stack of hotcakes. "Pass the Maple Syrup Please!!!"
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
gsdmama
Been Around A While

real vermont syrup? make some hotcakes for me and i will be right over with real vermont syrup and tons of butter. yum oh!

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes