Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes » christmas fudge

Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
gsdmama
Been Around A While

christmas fudge

have you ever tried to make fudge to give away as presents like i have only to find out it is a pain and it doesn't turn out, so then you end up going to the candy store and buying it. well i have come up with a fool proof recipe and it is yummy.

here is the basic for a double chocolate fudge

2 cups (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (11 1/2 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 14 oz can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsps cream or milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts(optional)

in sauce pan, over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 tbsp cream or milk,and 1 tsp vanilla. remove from heat stir in 1/2 cup walnuts and spread evenly into a foil lined 9" square pan.

in another sauce pan, over low heat, melt milk chocolate chips, the remaining sweetened condensed milk, 1 tbsp cream, 1 tsp vanilla. remove from heat. stir in walnuts. spread over the top of the fudge that is in the pan. chill for 2 hours or untill firm.

peel off foil and cut into squares and store loosely covered at room temperature. or box and give away.

i have made all milk chocolate fudge, rocky road fudge using milk chocolate chips toasted and chopped almonds and mininature marshmallows, my famous aloha fudge using white chocolate chips coconut and macadamia nuts. white chocolate fudge and sprinkle mini m&m's on top. and now with christmas use the red/green m&m's

it is an easy recipe to experiment with.

kala christouyena-Merry Christmas

Anna
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

We tried the fudge over the weekend. I made it w.o nuts and all I can say is OMG ....

Thanks for sharing it with us!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
gsdmama
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDog4U View Post
We tried the fudge over the weekend. I made it w.o nuts and all I can say is OMG ....

Thanks for sharing it with us!!!
SORRY I JUST READ YOUR POST. I AM GLAD YOU LIKED IT. WASN'T IT EASY.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Recipes