Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly » Shara Stay HELP

Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #21
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
i actually think u need to avoid training the stay for a couple of days

YES i know the show this week end but now it sounds that neither of you want to do it personally avoid training any stay 24 hours, then do a couple of very short stays i mean 30 seconds and poss a minute for the next day, but keep them short and reward every one even if ten seconds long, stop the frustration rest then short and dont do a full stay till the day in the ring and honestly i know its hard to take but if she brakes she does even if u decide to go back to her before the time is up ok u dont get the points but you will have shown her she done good that your not disapponted there are other shows and if thats what is needed to show her then go back to her before she brakes.

if i was a judge or a trainer i would aplaude some one who had the guts to do such a thing because it means that nest show the stay is proberly going to be more solid. dont forget dogs pick up on our emotions so they can sence of sorts disapointment even if u dont think u are showing it so by finishing her before it happens you give her a positive reaction

just a sugestion it is something i have done before and reaped the rewards the next compertition.
if your house looks like its been hit by a tornado your owned by a dobermann RIP Lyric, Caito, Daimler, Autumn, Hope and Archie see you at Rainbow Bridge My heart is broken, all of you gone in one year, run free, play hard and wait for me.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #22
lucysnewmum
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to lucysnewmum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
Maybe she needs a handler? Take yourself outta the picture. Sounds too stressful to me. When it's not fun anymore, what's the point kinda thing. jmho
sorry Shara....i love u to bits and ur fur baby.....but i agree with this one! and if you are stressed she is going to pick up on it and panic!!!! try her with another handler with you out of sight...if she does it you have your answer.

i also agree with Dobe....back off a bit....i know you are keen to do well but maybe going back to basics and doing short wait and stays will have the desired effect when it comes to her doing the longer one in the comp!!!

good luck all the same. i hope you do well in the end. MWA!

ZACK
My loyal friend forever in sunshine

Gilly
lucysnewmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #23
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
We had a snow storm, so problably not gonna make 1 of the days, we might make the Sunday show.

I am kinda glad, because we are not ready...I wish I could get my entry fees back, we already canceled the hotel room for Friday night
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #24
lavenderlil
Been Around A While

Stay training

Shara, in my 32yrs of experience with dogs i have always found that it is not always right to harp on about STAY in my experience it was always better to learn WAIT for non emergency and only use STAY as a dire emergency
eg the fear/threat to the pet or you or situation or something similar.
You might now have to wait yourself till the dog feels it understands the absolute need in an emergency of STAY.
Lavender Lil
lavenderlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #25
gsdmama
Been Around A While

so how did Sunday go??
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly