Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Puppies » coming soon!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
JessicaR
Been Around A While

coming soon!

I am getting a new guide dog puppy to raise on Monday. He is an eight week old fawn boxer. I will post pics when I get him!!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Please do! Must be exciting getting new pups to raise and train!
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
sandyb
Been Around A While

Great news! Looking forward to seeing him and watching him grow up.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Great news, I cant wait to see the pix and hear the stories of his life with you!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #5
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Horray! So happy for you!!! <3 <3 <3 And happy that you are helping someone out who really needs help! AGAIN!
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Labman
Been Around A While

We will be getting a 7 week old black, female Lab the first weekend in November. I am thinking of picking it up Friday since I have a dog guide meeting Saturday and would also like to take it to church Sunday.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
We will be getting a 7 week old black, female Lab the first weekend in November. I am thinking of picking it up Friday since I have a dog guide meeting Saturday and would also like to take it to church Sunday.
that is cool! My poor little guy has been alone for a week all his siblings have been place at 6-7 weeks old. They are running a little low on raisers right now so even though I was going to wait until we was finished remodeling our bedroom I said I would take him. I could have picked him up sooner but between the kids soccer practise and games, plus I was just starting to paint the room I figured it would be better to get him on Monday. He will have the whole week to get used to us bfore he starts going to soccer.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Labman and JessicaR: You guys are great to be doing this work. I look forward to pics from both of you so we can all vicariously enjoy raising guide dogs
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
Labman
Been Around A While

This is Pilot Dogs? It is always tough to manage puppies and puppy raisers. I am highly annoyed I didn't get one of the Lab/Shepherds from our friends litter that went out last weekend. They can't put the puppies in the freezer and nuke one when somebody is ready. Pilot dogs would be doable from here. It is 275 miles to our school from here, and most of the people we know live even further away. Our daughter drives here Friday night, picks up the puppy Saturday and returns home Sunday.

One year the school offered us a puppy the weekend after Thanksgiving. My wife works part time at Penneys and no way was getting a day off that weekend. We picked up the puppy Wednesday at 45 days old.

The assistance dog school put Tux in a temporary home until they were coming by here and dropped him off at 9 weeks. Out of 3 puppies, we have only had to make one trip to the school.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
JessicaR
Been Around A While

wow thats a long way to the school! I am only 90 miles from pilot dogs so its not too far of a drive. I know in August they called the dogs in at 12 months old to try and get more puppies out. They had 15 lab puppies that were ready to go. They also place some of the pups in the prison program when needed, but then they like to get them into a home enviroment by 6 months so they can get used to being out in public.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Puppies