Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly » Car Chasing help!!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Thats a good idea! I will have to try that.

His owners want to bring him home on Sunday to see if it will work out, they will see how it works for a week then let me know. I gave her detailed instructions on what she needs to do with him if she wants it to work out. I hope she follows through, she does really love him.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Update

After almost 2 weeks of being home, it has been decided that Bailey will be coming back to me so I can find him a permanent home (after we work through his issues)
Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #13
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Dogs take a lot of effort, but boy is that effort rewarded if you stick with it. Sometimes people just don't understand the level of commitment that's needed with a puppy or dog.

I have a neighbor that has told me so many times, "I want a dog just like that", meaning whatever dog of mine I had with me at the time. I've told him all dogs are inherently good, but that they need guidance and consistancy from their owners. He always nods when I say that. Over the past 11 years, he's gotten 9 new dogs, and none of them are still living with him. His claim is that he hasn't had any luck in finding a really good dog.

Just sayin...

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Unfortunatly a lot of people in this world think dogs are born trained. In Baileys case when they got him, she didnt work now they both work 10 hours a day. Which would have been fine if they would have taken the time to give him exercise before and after work. Oh well, I will make sure to find him the perfect home.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
Dogs take a lot of effort, but boy is that effort rewarded if you stick with it. Sometimes people just don't understand the level of commitment that's needed with a puppy or dog.

I have a neighbor that has told me so many times, "I want a dog just like that", meaning whatever dog of mine I had with me at the time. I've told him all dogs are inherently good, but that they need guidance and consistancy from their owners. He always nods when I say that. Over the past 11 years, he's gotten 9 new dogs, and none of them are still living with him. His claim is that he hasn't had any luck in finding a really good dog.

Just sayin...
Ann: you are soooo right. When I hear that about Elsa, I tell them it started with puppy school and continued training throughout her life._Marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly