Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly » digging!!!! OMG!!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #11
pennycantu
Been Around A While

they are grounded right now. they escaped again and ran the neighborhood so they are only allowed outside when i can watch.

the poop idea gave me another idea though. my little one gets out from just crawling under the fence at certain areas. i'm going to go put poop there too and see if it makes a difference. i've used garden borders to block those little holes but it doesn't work.
pennycantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #12
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Thought of this:

Long nails?

Dogs with long nails like to dig, when my dogs nails get too long I start finding random lil potholes in the yard. =P
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:23 AM   #13
pennycantu
Been Around A While

she's only 7 months so her nails aren't really long at all. they are still little puppy nails. i do have a pedi paws though and i'll give it a try and see if that won't help.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #14
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
I used to have problems with escaping too. I put the poo under the fence and it worked. This was at my old house with the cheap fence we had. Now it's better but the poo works miracles.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #15
pennycantu
Been Around A While

who knew? poop is the cure all! lol!

we have an old chain link. we were planning to replace it with a privacy fence and haul in some dirt to level the yard too but then i lost my job we were also planning to buy the lot behind our house and expand our property so we were going to put in a pool or a go cart track or both (it's a huge yard) and put up a privacy fence. you'd think the dogs would be happy with their own yard. it's huge and has a tree and a gazeebo and a patch of dirt where no grass grows in the shade so they can stay cool. but NOOOOOOO that's not good enough! lol! they have to see the world i guess!

i got some poop that's gonna fix that though lol!

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly