Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » Pit Bull owner without a clue

Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
J. Hall
Banned

No maam I didnt its Ok I just lost 5 pups just days ago. So I understand. Hey you two keep your heads up. things get worse before they get better. good luck to your husband with finding work.
J. Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
Shells_k
Been Around A While

I understand that there are always circumstances that come up, such is life. However, puppies require a lot of care, and unfortunately for some of us, it is very costly. We make do, we do what we have to. I look at my dog like another child and there is no cost I would deny if it would make her better. And in fact, I have gone into debt last year and spent thousands of $$$ saving my Jessies life. If you can find any way to brig her to a vet, please do. Possibly you can find a place that will do a payment plan? Can you borrow the $$ from someone???

Now on to my real concern. I LOVE Pits and would have no issues whatsoever owning one, I owned a Rott before and she was one of the best dogs I've ever had. With that said, a pitt bull is probably NOT the best choice to make on a first puppy if you are, as you say, clueless on how to take care of a puppy. They require a lot of training (well, all puppies do, really), and if you dont know what you are doing you really run the risk of doing a disservice to you, your family and your dog. Pit Bulls, like some other big dogs, have the potential to be very hyper and agressive. If not given enough excersize and things to occupy them they WILL become very destructive, almost all dogs will. If not channeled correctly they can become very dangerous (again, yes, this applies to other breeds as well) because they are not handled correctly and do not kow how to react appropriately in certain situations. At the very least if you dont know what you are doing you should be taking her to obedience classes where your puppy AND you can be trained. But again, this bare necessity on taking care of your animal costs $$. The very way you worded your post "Pit Bull owner Without a Clue" sent chills down my spine before I read your post.

I realize you want a puppy and are trying to do the right thing by posting a question on this board. It is very hard to give you support when the very suggestion everyone is giving to you is one that you respond as "I cannot afford a vet. period." Well, you shouldnt have the puppy then if you cant find a way.

To be quite honest, the kindest suggestion I could give to you is to search your area for a local pitt bull rescue and give your puppy to them. They will take fantastic care of her. DO NOT leave her at the vet "until you can pay" as there could be a high chance that they will not hold the puppy and it could be given to a local kill shelter. If, at least, you find a Pitt Bull specific rescue organization your puppy will have a great chance at being rehomed in an appropriate situation.

I am sorry, but I feel if you cant afford to take care of your pup (things happen financially, but the reasons dont really matter). You wouldnt say you didnt take your kid to the hospital while it was having a seizure because you couldnt afford to...., you should not own this puppy ESPECIALLY because you dont have the first clue on how to take care of it and cant afford it. Thats completely unfair to your puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shells_k : 11-29-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #23
christina30
Site Regular

Send a message via AIM to christina30 Send a message via MSN to christina30 Send a message via Yahoo to christina30
Angel and Lou Lou sleep with me every night. They sit with me where ever I am and they are constantly loved on. They get to go out and get played with every day. I refuse to chain them up so we stay outside with them so they dont run off. I have to be careful with her because she is allergic to grass, but I had to treat her for a staff infection and red mange about 2 months ago, and that was before I got my niece and 2 nephews. I am sorry yall, Im worried and Im panicking.
The people we got her from we also got her brother and gave him to my sister. They had no hair and was very under weight. We have gotten her hair back and it kept getting bald spots.....red mange....she was breaking out everywhere on her skin.....staf infection.
christina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #24
J. Hall
Banned

ahh

Ok alright shes got the picture. It was worded wrong thats all. smooth oil over rough waters. Water under the bridge.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #25
J. Hall
Banned

and how about now is it cleared up?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #26
christina30
Site Regular

Send a message via AIM to christina30 Send a message via MSN to christina30 Send a message via Yahoo to christina30
Michelle I respect that you THINK what you're saying is right and I ahve had several puppies.. never have I had one that ate the tile floor out of my kitchen. I will do what I have to because fear of know it all people like yourself getting my dogs scares me.... she needs to be loved and taken care of and that is what Im doing.... Even if I could afford obedience school I wouldn't do it because that is not for me. I can train my dog.. I JUST SIMPLY ASK FOR EVERYONE TO GIVE ME ADVICE ON HER EATING EVERYTHING. I guess I thought yall being dog lovers would understand when they get sick but BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I have a Rottweiller and he is 9 years old and in perfect health.. I must know something about the other ones that I have... Until now I had never owned a pit bull puppy, so they personality yeah I had no clue...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #27
christina30
Site Regular

she looks so much better as far as her hair being back.. no more break outs.. she is still real red but I have been looking up pit bulls so I can learn more about them and everyone I have ever been around stays real hot to the touch.. Until she ate the dang floor she was great...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #28
J. Hall
Banned

Well see now im sure they will understand mostly thats why your post should have intrailed more info. Got it now though. your in the right place as I said you just worded your post wrong and you left out some stuff. And remember this was your intoductory post. As I said though your Ok dont leave.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #29
christina30
Site Regular

but shouldn't people at least attempt to tell someone that needs the help the advice they have...without jumping to conclusions that their dog isn't taken care of or they are mistreated. I dont even get onto my dogs, that is my husbands department. I have never thumped one on the nose or anything that punishes them, it breaks my heart. Angel gets in trouble she comes running to me and hides under the blanket or pushes my arm up for her to get under it. She is one of my kids. I love my angel bug very much.
and still no word.. Im going to pull my hair out...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #30
J. Hall
Banned

Yep

Yes they should. Hope things work out. sorry for the bad post.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions