Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » New to site

Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #11
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Shooter, I truly hope you enjoy this forum! I'm fairly new here and have decided that this motley group is a pretty nice blend of people that care about their pets.

I'm not a vet or a trainer, don't even play one on TV ( ). I've been taking in mainly Rotties and Rott mixes from shelters for about 20 years, so I guess that gives everyone some idea of my age. I currently have 5, but have had as many as 11 at one time, including a couple of fosters.

I hope you don't mind if I sort of pick your brain now and then!

Ann
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #12
LabpupsUK
Been Around A While

Welcome, I think it is great to have some people with experience in all different areas who can give advice and share opinions.

I'm no expert, just a friendly nutter with a couple of labs
LabpupsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #13
dallas
Site Regular

Welcome! I have found these site to be very mature and informative. folks have been very kind to me and supportive with my issues with rescuing. Hope you find it a pleasure to be with us!
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #14
shooter
Site Regular

Thanks again everyone. After reading some of the posts here I see there are a lot of very nice people. I think I will enjoy myself and hope I didn't offend anyone with my intro. The young girl that lost her dog that I spoke of was only eleven yrs old. I and all have to keep in mind there are a lot of eager minds out there that will try anything we say. Thanks so much for the welcome.
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

I don't think any of us were offended. I know I appreciate the concern you have for those giving incorrect advice. I would have been devastated to learn of such a happening on any forum. Poor kid. I think alot of the members of this forum are really good about making opinions known if we feel something being said is wrong or not the best advice. And that I really love.....So welcome and I hope you have fun!
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #16
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

hi shooter welcome to the site looking forward to to reading more of your poasts sounds like you have a lot of experance working with dogs
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #17
nikk
Been Around A While

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter View Post
Hello All

I'm an old retired dog trainer and behavior specialest. I have been looking for a site with mature acting people to share my experience's with and about dogs. I don't know it all, far from it but I love helping dogs and people when I can. I have been to many other sites only to find a bunch of kids giving bad advice and pretending to be something they are not. Not to put any young people off just tired of 18 yr olds calling themselves Vets or trainers.I don't mean to seem gruff I am really a very nice person and my posts will be very polite.I have 35 yr. experience in training and a masters in animal behavior. Hope we can have some fun here.

Shooter
Hi shooter! What was the worst case you ever encountered doing animal behavior? Than what was your most satisfying case?
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #18
shooter
Site Regular

The hardest case I ever had was a uncontrollably, Aggressive Komondor. I never had any luck taming this dog to except people. My very best or so I feel was a wild wolf hybrid that after two years obtained his CGC with a lot of hard work. Trust me. He now works in the windy city.

Shooter
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #19
frank75riz
New Around Here

Hello, I am a newbe here and a dog lover...also, I am an old dog...76 yrs and climbing... and what I dont know about dogs can fill many volumns...so here I am with a new pup (7 months old) and having little success...and I am sure it is my fault..hope I can learn some stuff here..:-)
frank75riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #20
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Welcome to the site Frank. I think all of us that gets a new puppy thinks at some point the puppy is smarter than we are. I thought that just last night at 3 AM when my two starting moving around wanting to go out. I thought I was past the 3 AM "feedings". So I think you'll find this site to be pretty helpful and entertaining!
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions