Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » New to site

Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
shooter
Site Regular

New to site

Hello All

I'm an old retired dog trainer and behavior specialest. I have been looking for a site with mature acting people to share my experience's with and about dogs. I don't know it all, far from it but I love helping dogs and people when I can. I have been to many other sites only to find a bunch of kids giving bad advice and pretending to be something they are not. Not to put any young people off just tired of 18 yr olds calling themselves Vets or trainers.I don't mean to seem gruff I am really a very nice person and my posts will be very polite.I have 35 yr. experience in training and a masters in animal behavior. Hope we can have some fun here.

Shooter
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
J. Hall
Banned

Welcome

Im young but I hope you enjoy the site still. You must remember that each and every person is intitled to their opinion. Thus any type of opposing training method would just be another way to train. It would not be that your getting called a liar. Just their is more people out here than just you with the 25 years exsperiance. Some do ok by 1 year of training dogs. I must say I have posted almost 300 times here! Some of them are on, Training, Raising pups, Doctoring ect.... Please remember these are the ways I do them, And it may not work for others. Its only me sharing my way of success. So very sorry for the razzled welcome I do appreciate the honesty as Im sure some others do to. But you will find the entire site is plum full of young'uns , in fact I believe we are all under 30. enjoy though
J. Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Ceaser
New Around Here

Hi Shooter,

Welcome to the site. I just joined yesterday myself, but already feel welcome and love this site. There are a lot of nice people that really love their dogs and just like to talk about them. I'm older too, but it is still fun to talk to others about something I love so much. Sorry, you'll find that I am a rambler, but I just love my animals like they were my kids.

Ceaser
Ceaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
shooter
Site Regular

Thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry if I sounded down on young people I am not. I have four of my own. I love teaching and have 5 student trainers at this time.Again I don't claim to know it all and love to hear other points of view on training. I am VERY open minded to all methods. On another site a young girl gave some very poor advice to a poster and it ended up killing her dog. She claimed to be a Vet at 21 yr of age. Please excuse my intro if it sounded harsh.

Shooter
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
kellynharley
Been Around A While

Welcome to the site Shooter, it sounds like you have some great advice to give. Hope you enjoy it here
kelly n Harley
kellynharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Welcome Shooter. I am sure your posts will be very helpful and we will truly appreciate the knowledge you have to offer. I, myself, am not a trainer, breeder, groomer, or anything of the sort...Just have a couple of Labs that are my companions and any advice I offer is just from experience of raising them. I hope however that anyone here that has a real medical emergency would contact their own personal vet and not rely solely on advice from the forums. I think that's a great point to make since you've seen a bad experience on another site. I've been on the site for a couple months and I really, truly enjoy it. There are always some debates and opinions I do not agree with but I enjoy the info regardless. I hope you find it a great place to share stories, pics, and info!
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
nikk
Been Around A While

Talking

Welcome Shooter. And Hope you enjoy the forum. There are alot of nice people and pups here.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
LoveMyLabs
Been Around A While

Hi Shooter! We're all pretty young, I think. I'm 28. We're always open to new and different training methods or different, easier ways to take care of our pups.

We are very opinionated, can get very heated (to the bring of all out arguing) but really just love our dogs. We all want our voices heard whether they be right, wrong, or both.
Tony, Kim, Gunner & Tira.
LoveMyLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #9
Weesha1717
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Weesha1717
Hello hello! I am pretty young (21) But, I am not a Vet or have any training in the animal doctor field. I have 2 cutie dogs. And, I am very passionate about animals! A big warm welcome
Having fun enjoying the West...One adventure after another!
Weesha1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #10
nikk
Been Around A While

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Hall View Post
Im young but I hope you enjoy the site still. You must remember that each and every person is intitled to their opinion. Thus any type of opposing training method would just be another way to train. It would not be that your getting called a liar. Just their is more people out here than just you with the 25 years exsperiance. Some do ok by 1 year of training dogs. I must say I have posted almost 300 times here! Some of them are on, Training, Raising pups, Doctoring ect.... Please remember these are the ways I do them, And it may not work for others. Its only me sharing my way of success. So very sorry for the razzled welcome I do appreciate the honesty as Im sure some others do to. But you will find the entire site is plum full of young'uns , in fact I believe we are all under 30. enjoy though
I wish I was under 30.(lol) Closing in on the 40 mark. But I feel like I'm a youngster.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions