Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » Dog lover just moved to New Mexico

Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
kellynharley
Been Around A While

lucky you my hubby is looking for a job in the US at the mo but finding it hard to find a job, he's been approved for his visa but needs a job before we can move over which is proving to be difficult. Harley's being a bit picky with his food lately and i've had to start mixin some wet food with his dry but he still doesn't eat all of it thinkin bout cuttin his treats out except for when i'm tryin to train him
kelly n Harley
kellynharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #12
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Lucky you. Bella eats like a cow. I cut back on the treats awhile ago when Gunner needed to loose a few pounds. She knows when its feeding time and always sniffs around in the kitchen trying to find something I dropped. Harley could be teething. Maybe the dry is a little hard on his mouth right now. Bella is loosing a some baby teeth now but that doesnt stop her from eating. Though I think Labs are notorious eaters.

Where you guys looking to move to?
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #13
kellynharley
Been Around A While

Anywhere!!

My hubby worked in pennsylvania for 9 months before i met him and has friends there so that was where we originally wanted to go but i was lookin at houses in other states and would gladly move anywhere in the US, we've been to colorado on holiday a few years back and i loved it there and we got married in vermont last year then spent 2 weeks travellinhg around new england it was october and it was lovely Just want to get out of this place to somewhere that has nice weather in the summer and lots and lots of snow in the winter, i love snow and snowboarding is one of my hobbies but it's not the same boarding on a dry slope
kelly n Harley
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #14
kellynharley
Been Around A While

I think he might be teething as he's been a bit bitey this morning, trying to chew on my pj's and bringing his toys over for me to hold while he chews em, he caught my finger this mornin and it hurt like mad Someone suggested giving him cold raw carrots to soothe his gums is it a gd idea?
kelly n Harley
Old 10-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

I froze some carrots for my puppy and she loves ice...but just watch the carrots a bit...they are super dense and Bella doesn't digest them well so I have eliminated them for her. You can also wet the rope bones and freeze them.

~ Well I can tell you the Houston job market is really hot...if he's looking for work. But we don't get any snow...too close to the coast. And it usually hits over 100 or close to it in the summer.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
BassetandBerners
New Around Here

I gave Hamilton ice throughout his puppyhood mostly more than regular treats....he did great until he or his mommy introduced him to HUMAN FOOD!! Big mistake...now he eats EVERYTHING in sight.
New Mexico is a great place for the OUTDOOR kind of person....we just moved here but heard there were great places to snowboard.
BassetandBerners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
BassetandBerners
New Around Here

HI! What are your thoughts about how long to feed a puppy puppy food?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

I think we talked about this in one of the other threads. My vet suggested moving my pup off puppy food at 7mos because Labs have a tendency to get heavy. Most of the other posts where around 6 mos.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #19
BassetandBerners
New Around Here

oh ok thank you.....things seem to be changing all the time on what is the BEST for your dogs..... I am still trying to feel around the site to see what I can learn. Thank you
Old 10-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #20
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Yes they do. It's hard to keep up at times.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions