Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » Introduction and a Request for Votes

Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #41
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

People that point a finger have 4 more pointing back at them. I've never known it to be quite as true before.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 AM   #42
TTBALLMOM
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
WOW guys!
This person has joined, and you all badgering him about this?
People really need to leave their "opinions" our of threads that don't REQUEST them.
If I started in a forum and someone was rude like that, I wouldn't be coming back in a hurry..
Brooke you took the words right out of my mouth. The topic was Introduction and a request. LML why didn't you just not VOTE for the poor pooch if you didn't want to, nobody especially the new member is looking for an explanation that is obviously going to spark debate and seemed intent on casting judgment to a new member. There are other threads where healthy debating is warranted and encouraged.

Welcome to the site Vmills, your little Alvin is adorable, and I voted for him. I have a mixed breed as well (Cairn terrier/poodle) I don't call him designer breed, mutt or cross. I call him the "smile on my face", the "twinkle in my eye", the "song in my heart". Labels , nothing good comes from them.

Hope Alvin wins.

Last edited by TTBALLMOM : 07-31-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Please play ball with me, come on please!!!!
TTBALLMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:19 PM   #43
Howler
Been Around A While

Hello!

Im a bit late in saying welcome but i havent been around, so welcome .

Your little Alvin is adorable, he reminds me of a bichon cross our groomers use for competitions. As the owner of two crossbred dogs (that yes i god forbid actually bought!) all I can say is I hope you enjoy your little guy as much as I do my two.

hope to see you around, this is generally a friendly place to be and you can get some invaluable advice from other members, i know i have.

have fun

Howler and her yellow eyed monster
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #44
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
LML....I must be like..really illiterate or something, because I don't see the word designer in this post at all..Hmmm..

And it was a 'welcome post' hence why it says, introduction and request for votes. If you weren't going to welcome her based on the title, then why even open it?

I don't see any problem with her asking for votes, and I don't see any problem with her being proud of her dog.

Alot of people jump into the designer dog thing, many don't know what they're purchasing, and learn about it later. As she said, she has heard both the positive and the negative..but you know what, at the end of the day she has a healthy, well-cared for and loved dog. And that's what matters. Her dog isn't starving or matted, or on the end of a chain..and as dog lovers, that's what we should care about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDog4U View Post
You ARE all aware that the many years ago, the LAB and most all of what we now refur to as Pure Breds" could also have been considered a "designer" breed RIGHT.

About the Lab,
Quoting from the AKC website: ... After being crossed with Setters, Spaniels and other Retrievers, the Labrador Retriever honed its skills as a true retriever. From this point in the breedís history, "Labs," as they are affectionately called, were bred primarily to perform as an efficient retriever of game, with a stable temperament suitable for a variety of activities beyond hunting.

Enough is enough all ready!!!
I totally agree with both of you!

On that note, welcome to the forum sorry your thread was hijacked by crazieness and your dogs is very cute with his/her new hair cut.
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #45
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMI View Post
I am sorry i show and judge shelties but for the love of them i have no idea what a show dog called a cockatoo is ? MiMi
I would say this is probably the most offensive comment.. it is a Cockapoo by the way MIMI (a Cockatoo is a bird) and it is a Cocker spaniel mixed with a Poodle and has been around for many many years now. ... oh and it isn't a show dog.
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions