Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » Introduction and a Request for Votes

Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #21
LoveMyLabs
Been Around A While

Well ya'll go right on ahead and support the designer dog owner/buyer. I refuse to vote for a dog that is labeled "designer". If it was just labeled as a mixed breed then I'd have had no problem with it what so ever.
Regardless of what you say I was not wrong nor was I offensive. I stated my opinions (as did others). If you don't like it then don't read it.

Edit to add: Others do agree btw. See Mimi and Shara's post. I don't see ya'll tearing them a new butt hole.

Last edited by LoveMyLabs : 07-24-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add
Tony, Kim, Gunner & Tira.
LoveMyLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
LoveMyLabs
Been Around A While

If you don't see the word "designer" anywhere then you were obviously not very observant.

I don't judge people based on their breed or mix. I judge them based on how they try to pawn it off as a "designer" dog or when they seem to support the practice of mixing breeds.

It was not a welcome post either. It was a "come vote for my designer dog" post.

I always think before I type. I just don't have a problem voicing my opinions like others seem to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
Wow, are you serious? Way to chase the OP away, people.

First of all, she didn't introduce her dog as a 'designer' dog. In fact, I don't even see the word designer in her post at all. I think it is funny how quickly we can jump and judge someone based on the breed or breed crosses that they own. That is so ludicrous. Her dog is obviously well loved and cared for, and that's what we should care about the most..Not freaking on her because she may have a 'designer mix' or not.

LML, you're welcome to your own opinion of course, but it's better left said when asked for it. I think you were quite offensive, and this was a post to be welcoming, not debating over her dog's breed.

God, it is really upsetting how some of us on here cannot just stop and think about what we are typing! Most of us on here are adults, but this is stuff I'd expect from the kids..

Anyway, Welcome to k9mania! I promise the majority of us are awesome, we are like a dog loving family. =] I LOVE Alvin!! He's sooo cute, and he has the same name as my fiance! How perfect!?
Tony, Kim, Gunner & Tira.
LoveMyLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
hcromley
Been Around A While

i see handsome mixed breed written on there and yes why they bought the dog from a breeder and i dont agree with this you can find great mix breeds in shelters all over its no reason to b cruel in there other posting just showing off the dogs new haircut you even had nothing nice to say and i was not tearing anyone a new butt hole personally just stating that there was no reason to b hatefull to this person
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Sorry I interpreted the person being boastfull of owning and buying a designer breed, I might been wrong, but I was just voicing my general opinion on the issue, since the follow up post from her was about the issues both positive and negative about designer breeds that she has encountered.

I do not support people who truely belive, I mean TRUELY belive that buying designer dogs there is nothing wrong at all with that, because I believe that there is, the people who want a mixed can go to a shelter, or go to petfinder.com and find many. You can even find purebred, I do not understand why anyone would want to buy a designer, and then problably breed it because they think it is a real breed or want to make more money from selling those puppies.

Im not wanting a fight or start anything, was just expressing my consern and opinion and not attacking him/her personally. Hope that makes sense.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #25
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmills View Post
Hi:

I'm Alvin, or Prince Alvin as my folks sometimes refer to me. I'm a handsome mixed breed (part Bichon, part Cockapoo) pup so my folks entered me into a contest on yapstar.

I need lots of votes to compete with Ruby Blue Eyes who's way ahead of the pack. Please vote for me here: http://www.yapstar.com/view_pets/pro...hp?pet_id=2044

You can vote every day until August 31. I sure will appreciate it!

Thanks and a big hello!

Alvin
(no, I do not have brothers Simon and Theodore)
LML....I must be like..really illiterate or something, because I don't see the word designer in this post at all..Hmmm..

And it was a 'welcome post' hence why it says, introduction and request for votes. If you weren't going to welcome her based on the title, then why even open it?

I don't see any problem with her asking for votes, and I don't see any problem with her being proud of her dog.

Alot of people jump into the designer dog thing, many don't know what they're purchasing, and learn about it later. As she said, she has heard both the positive and the negative..but you know what, at the end of the day she has a healthy, well-cared for and loved dog. And that's what matters. Her dog isn't starving or matted, or on the end of a chain..and as dog lovers, that's what we should care about.

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #26
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyLabs View Post

I don't judge people based on their breed or mix. I judge them based on how they try to pawn it off as a "designer" dog or when they seem to support the practice of mixing breeds.
I don't condone the whole designer dog rush, to make it clear..but if there wasn't a 'practice of mixing dogs', then there wouldn't be all the great dogs that we have in the world right now? All the 'mutts' who have saved lives, worked in therapy, and been perfect housepets?

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyLabs View Post
Well ya'll go right on ahead and support the designer dog owner/buyer. I refuse to vote for a dog that is labeled "designer". If it was just labeled as a mixed breed then I'd have had no problem with it what so ever.
Regardless of what you say I was not wrong nor was I offensive. I stated my opinions (as did others). If you don't like it then don't read it.

Edit to add: Others do agree btw. See Mimi and Shara's post. I don't see ya'll tearing them a new butt hole.
You ARE all aware that the many years ago, the LAB and most all of what we now refur to as Pure Breds" could also have been considered a "designer" breed RIGHT.

About the Lab,
Quoting from the AKC website: ... After being crossed with Setters, Spaniels and other Retrievers, the Labrador Retriever honed its skills as a true retriever. From this point in the breed’s history, "Labs," as they are affectionately called, were bred primarily to perform as an efficient retriever of game, with a stable temperament suitable for a variety of activities beyond hunting.

Enough is enough all ready!!!

Last edited by BetterDog4U : 07-25-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #28
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

And what a great point you make!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #29
Momto3
Been Around A While

Ditto Michael! I'm not a fan of designer dogs but I do realize my favorite breed - American Cocker Spaniel - didn't just pop out of a vacuum that way. Alvin is an adorable little guy no matter what he is and I voted! He is obviously well-loved and that's what matters.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #30
Brooke
Been Around A While

God some people have no idea!

We weren't saying anything about designer dogs being wrong or right. Yes, LML you ARE able to give your opinion - but in the correct thread when it's asked for. When a NEW member comes in to show his/her dog, you don't have a go at them for owning a designer dog - do you know FOR SURE that this person bread this dog? Maybe they got it from a shelter - HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Also, I wasn't referring to just your post. I was referring to all posts that were negative - you just piped up and got defensive and started at me.. so that's why it continued to do with you.

We ALL know what your opinions are, but i'm sure we all agree that people don't need your opinions stuffed down their throat.
Proudly owned by Sammie, Kai and Zeekie (kitten), who I love to death xo

- If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either.
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions