Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Nutrition » Organic dog food

Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
kcr2304
New Around Here

AS in the present days people are not taking healthy food items which are very good for health as they are taking fast food items which don't give any kind of improvement to your health. People must food containing more calcium's and vitamins which could keep your body strong. Unlike most supplements, these products are made from organic foods, not synthetics. Visit the Naturally Nova Scotia website for more information.
_______
kcr
Natural Vitamins
kcr2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
elsasmom
Been Around A While

I eat as much organic food as I can afford to and I grow quite a bit of it during our short growing season here in Wisconsin. (Organically grow veggies and free range chicken and duck eggs)

We have a much longer life span to build up all the additives so they are more likely to become a problem in our lifetime than in a dog's short lifetime. It would be much harder for them to get a harmful dose built up in 10-20 years than our often 80 years, so I feed a good dry dog food, but don't buy organic for Elsa June or the cats.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassetandBerners View Post
I totall agree with you agvet 09....you have a REALLY nice looking dog
Really really beautiful dog. Is it a Schipperke?
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #14
Furbilator
Been Around A While

As far as organic being better health wise, I don't think it makes that much difference. For me organic is more a level of feeling better about how we raise our animals giving them a reasonably comfortable life as close to natural as possible.

However, I'm lucky in that I get my beef and chicken directly from farmers who are not in the industry so there isn't the pressure to add antibiotics and feed 100% processed feed. All the chickens I get are free range and supplemented with a basic corn and grain mixture to insure they have a balanced diet. The cattle are all grass fed and only the cows not sent to slaughter are fed in the winter a cow feed of grains, etc. But I do pay a little bit more for my eggs from the grocery store as I like that the chickens are free range.

I purchase in season veggies and fruits raised by local farmers as well so that I get veggies that are fresher and they don't have the high carbon footprint that other (even organic) foods have.

Eat local, eat what is in season, support local economy and farmers.
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #15
Labman
Been Around A While

If you believe in organic, and are eating organic yourself, yes feed your dog organic.

Mine is doing just great on Iams.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Nutrition