Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » What kind of pet product?

Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
Wolfwalker
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dogmom View Post
it would have approx. three golf balls inside, so it would have to be large. There would be holes for the golf balls to come out of when the dog roles it around.
Just a quick word of warning about dogs with golf balls.

Golf balls poise a danger because the liquid inside is often toxic; your dog can become very sick if she manages to pierce the outer coating with her teeth.
Wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:21 AM   #22
k9mania
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggis View Post
Too many times, I have seen dogs locked up in cars, windows shut tight, in the middle of summer. To protect these dogs from their careless and ignorant owners, I would invent some sort of automated, air conditioning devise for cars that would kick in if 1) a heart beat is detected in the vehicle and 2) the temperature in the car goes above 75 degrees. I would market this product to car manufacturers as a safety feature that should be standard in all vehicles -- not only to protect our beloved pets, but also children who are often victims to their parents stupidity and negligence.

That is a great idea. I wonder though if the ignorant people that do leave them in a hot car would get one. But there is a lot of people that would use one.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #23
buggis
Been Around A While

K9: That is why I would market it to car manufacturers, not the consumer. Look at airbags -- they are pretty much standard in all new vehicles, I think. And, I don't think you can buy a new vehicle that doesn't have air conditioning. It used to be an added feature, now it is standard.
buggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #24
k9mania
Administrator

I have 2 products that I would like to see. A linoleum flooring that is easy to clean and dogs won't slip when they get wet feet that is not an arm and leg to buy.

The other product is something to keep my 4 leashes immediately available to me when hiking the dogs must come back to me and be on leash when others pass. I keep them around my neck because I can get them quickly but once Blaze jumped up on me and the latch of the leash caught her paw and I could not get it off. She was in pain and had to hobble until it got so wet it slipped off.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #25
DeborahSprague
New Around Here

Heres the poop

After moving urban and now picking up poop along the street with two dogs every day I would like to see a different way to clean up after our dogs other than a plastic bag draped over my hand = If you know what I mean, It takes some getting used to!. and yes I've seen the pooper scoopers, but you cant take those on a walk with you..
Now as far as an idea as what?? I dont know, but it sure would be nice to have a different method!
Deb and the boys
DeborahSprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #26
k9mania
Administrator

Think of the money one could make on this product Evryone "think out of the box. What new product would you like to see so that you and your dog have a better quality of life or just more fun. Remember if you come up with ideas on the service, product, or facility questions in the drawing forum you are entered to win a true to life sculpture of your dog. You can see examples in the drawing forum under prize for next drawing
Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #27
muddypaws
New Around Here

fantastic!!! then presumabley the police /authorities could then trace the owner who would then be charged and prosecuted if they have dumped the dog?

this is my response to the dog collar suggested which interacts with your mobile and alerts you should you lose your dog.

Last edited by muddypaws : 01-24-2008 at 08:49 PM.
muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #28
muddypaws
New Around Here

i also think the automatic air con in cars is a fantastic idea. its intolerable to think that people can act so stupidly enough to leave animals and children in hot cars in the first place, but an invention like this really would make a difference
muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #29
k9mania
Administrator

One other product I would like to see is the dog equivalent of the Camelbak. They have backpacks for dogs like camelbaks where the dog carries it's own water and it has a tube. But you still have to bend over and squeeze the water out. How about a tube on it like a hamster water bottle and the dog can take a drink without you?

Everyone is coming up with great ideas. Many of them are viable and marketable. We only have a few days left in the contest. If you have not put in a response on the product, service, facility threads in the drawing forum get it done this week. You will be entered into a drawing to win a life like sculpture of your dog.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #30
DogMeatz
New Around Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggis View Post
Too many times, I have seen dogs locked up in cars, windows shut tight, in the middle of summer. To protect these dogs from their careless and ignorant owners, I would invent some sort of automated, air conditioning devise for cars that would kick in if 1) a heart beat is detected in the vehicle and 2) the temperature in the car goes above 75 degrees. I would market this product to car manufacturers as a safety feature that should be standard in all vehicles -- not only to protect our beloved pets, but also children who are often victims to their parents stupidity and negligence.
That really bugs me!! I live in Fl. and see it far too often. I call 911 and explain the situation, I also carry a hammer for the window.
DogMeatz is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM