Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Neurotic » scared dog

Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
woosa
New Around Here

thanks for all the advice everyone, i forgot to mention that its just me trying to help my dog. i live with both my parents and brother. i was home alone today and had the dog (name's jacki) inside with me all day and she started walking around and exploring everything she was still scared at first but she got used to it. my brother rarely comes out of his room and he did once and hes an asshole so he purposely scared jacki when he saw her. then my parents came home and they immediately kicked her out of the house. theyre so stupid they think shes some sort of wild animal that cant learn. theyre not the type of people to try to talk to about stuff when theyve made up their mind, so jacki stays outside. i think if it wasnt for them she wouldnt be the way she is. this is more of just a rant than asking for advice, im just pissed at my family right now. meh.
woosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #12
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Woosa, I'm terribly sorry that you are alone in this. That won't help with training (any kind of training) in any way since training programs need to involve all the members of your family. Your brother scarying the poor thing doesn't help in the least, neither does your parents kicking her out.

If its absolutely impossible to get them to cooperate then I think that the best would be to relocate that pooch because this sort of environment will only make matters worse.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #13
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr_K9_Expert View Post
If its absolutely impossible to get them to cooperate then I think that the best would be to relocate that pooch because this sort of environment will only make matters worse.
Woosa, I know that you really care for your dog, and i can see that from what you have wriiten.

Maybe you can go to the library and pick up some books on the subject. Then share them with you mom and dad in order to get them to see what you are trying to do.

If they see that the dog can be cured of its fear, and that YOU are committed to the dogs well being, maybe they will get behind you.

Another posibility is to contact a rescue group and ask for help. Maybe you can trade out your time for thier help!!!

You may also be able to contact Animal Planet or Nat. Geographic Channel and ask Victoria Stillwell or Ceser Malin for help. If they use it on thier show it's a freebee so your folks wouldn't have any cost involved.

If not, maybe the best thing for the dog is rehoming. I know it will be hard, but I'm sure that you want what is best for the dog.
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Neurotic