Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Site news » Winter Contest - Very different but interesting
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Arrow Winter Contest - The winners are::::::::::

OK, I have noticed that many of my friends and people on here have a hard time knowing how to care for their senior dogs. Most of the time, I only notice when the end is near but many older dogs have arthritis and people don't exercise them enough to keep them as mobile as possible. Also, many people let their senior dogs become overweight.

I was talking to a vet tech last week and said that I thought a senior care program with a hospice component would be an interesting service.

The contest for this month is:

I would like people to pretend that they were starting such a service. What would it look like? In other words, what components would you include in the senior dog service; the hospice service; what would you pay for such a service? What types of skills should the people providing the service have? What do you think of the idea? Go to the drawing forum and lookup winter contest.

I will read each one of them and draw from the best ones this times instead of drawing from all of them.

The prizes will be:

2 paintings
3 Journal subscriptions either Whole Dog Journal or Your Dog or Dog Watch

Have fun with this. This is actually something that could fly. Anyone who wanted to put the best parts of all of the ideas together could start their own such service if they had the skills.

Winners of the contest
I have selected the winners and made sure that everyone got something. We only had 6 people respond. These are the types of questions that challenge one's thinking outside the box. Thank you for your responses. I believe that a vet tech and I are going to put something like this together in a smaller form. I believe that it must be mobile and a facility and that we must deal with special needs such as obesity.

Here are the winners:

PAINTINGS
Sarap
Ann Hawes
Jr_K9_Expert

JOURNAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
Lola_joy
Lovemylabs
Dogsrme

Congratulations to all of you and thank you for thinking hard about how we can better help our seniors.
Closed Thread

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Site news