Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Rainbow Bridge » today a hero got his wings

Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
Furbilator
Been Around A While

My sympathies to you and your family over this loss. They are with us all too briefly but their absence is felt forever. RIP

Furbs
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #12
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. there have been many tears in the last few days but most in love and laughter rembering the good times and some in pride rembering the team work and trust we had in eachother knowing that my best friend is watching over my family has brought us much peace
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #13
k9mania
Administrator

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you must develop such a bond with your dogs that come to the aid of not only you their human companion but others in need. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #14
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

I, too, am sorry to hear about the loss of Jethro. I hope that in that he enjoyed his years in retirement and was able to show some of your trainees a thing or two. Take comfort in those memories that make you laugh.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

years later

I know it has almost been 3 years now but a day dose not go by that I dont think of my dear Jethro.There has been two times when i could not only feel his presence but his strength and love of life.my last rescue with elle put us in the middle of a huge avalanche and every one thought we were gone.as I was about to surender to the cold I could amost seeJethro growling at me like a drill sargent urging me on.I was able to work my way into an air pocket that elle sone how found and we were pulled out 10 min later they had allready made the call ToTeresa when I got home she said Jethro wouldent let that happen so she did not belive Rick when he called.The other time was only about a year ago when Teresa was dignosed with a grade 3 brain tumber. when we were in the waiting room my oldest daughter who was only 7 said calmly to me dont worry daddy Jethro will show her the way back to us. I know my exprence was probaly a halucination but I still like the thought he is watching over us . toll we meet agian my beloved meat head.
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
cheryl
Site Regular

My heart goes out to you for your loss. I lost my Cheyenne four years ago and my sorrow is ever increasing every day. It is one that is consuming me! We all greive differently, however, the loss of our best friend is one that will remain with us forever. May your loss be one of saddness replaced by wonderful memories that will carry you through.
Forever Cheyenne's Mom
cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
Weesha1717
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Weesha1717
Prayers sent your way. He will always be there looking down at you.
Having fun enjoying the West...One adventure after another!
Weesha1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
Momto3
Been Around A While

There's always that one special dog that just stays in your heart and on your mind no matter how long it's been since you had to part. Mine was Maxwell and I lost him 4 years ago but it still hurts and I know he's with me still.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #19
k9mania
Administrator

John, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you must be hurting. Just remember how much you learned and lived during those years. He is smiling upon you. Linda
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #20
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
So sorry for your loss. Most of us on here have gone through it. I myself lost 2 in one year. Just know he knew sooooo much love in his life and gave so much to you. Yes you lost a member of your family, but as I hope you will see him again. I can hardly wait to see my Giz and Rylie again.

Hugs Susan and the Princess
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Rainbow Bridge