Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » new to K9

Old 08-13-2010, 06:08 AM   #11
sandyb
Been Around A While

Welcome to the site! I'm in Australia and have a couple of Golden Retrievers, Jazz and Jett.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
chris
New Around Here

Wink groomers

well it didnt go well at the groomers,she howled the place down because they dared to bath her,good as gold for the nail trim and she loved her groomer,but she loves everyone,she was lovely when i picked her up,her coat was lush,we got home and it was pouring it down,she went out and rolled in the mud and i had to bath her again,she is sitting here looking at me going"im the boss human and dont you forget it"lol
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
chris
New Around Here

thankyou

thankyou all for replying,and so many lovely dogs
Old 08-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
well it didnt go well at the groomers,she howled the place down because they dared to bath her,good as gold for the nail trim and she loved her groomer,but she loves everyone,she was lovely when i picked her up,her coat was lush,we got home and it was pouring it down,she went out and rolled in the mud and i had to bath her again,she is sitting here looking at me going"im the boss human and dont you forget it"lol

I would do positive training for her with baths. Get her favorite cookies and put her in a bath tub, no water. Give her a treat or praise. Remove her. Do this a few times a day. If she freaks out even going into the bath ROOM give her cookies or even feed her in the bathroom her food for a while. Make it a positive thing. Slowly work up to a little water in the tub, giving treats, then water on her...ect...

When you go to the groomers, ask them to give her treats when she is calm and not howling. This will reinforce good behavior in a diffrent place. Dogs are situtiational, example : "My dog always does X-Behavior at home, never here...I dont know whats up with her!"

Sounds like a real cutie though, shes got personality! =D
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
chris
New Around Here

penny

she is def a character,she carrys her food bowl around and has done it since she was 8wks,thanks for the advice for the bath,ive already started it and it seems to be working for now,ive always had big dogs and im still getting used to her quirkyness and she seems more into people and more demanding that i play with her and will bring her toys for me,still trouble with sit and stay tho and i cannot let her off the lead as she will not come back,she has already cought a mouse in the back garden,even the cats dont do that and im starting to wonder if she thinks she is a cat,lol
Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
Howler
Been Around A While

youve got to love terriers they are in to everything!

welcome from a fellow brit, ive got a very stubborn staffie cross and a neurotic lab/springer. i also groom and we have pups in all the time for their first visit, we dont give food treats but instead use lots of praise and gentle handling as well as frequent breaks to make everything as stress free as possible.

i cant wait to see more pics of your pup

Howler and her Charlie Boy and Boo
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions