Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > General Training » 4-H show

Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
JessicaR
Been Around A While

4-H show

yesterday both my boys had their 4-H show at the county fair.

Caleb (my oldest) showed Dusty this year he got 1st place in his showmanship class, 1st place in his obedience class (sub novice b), 5th place in skillathon (someone needs to study dog parts and structure more!) and 4th place overall for high point handler (skillathon really killed his score)

Zach (middle child) showed Belle this is his first time showing. He got 1st place in his sub novice A obedience class!

My youngest, Autumn is to young to be in the regular 4-h class she is a cloverbud. Thet advisor decided at the last minute that instead using stuffed dogs, she had the kids borrow dogs from the older kids. It was so funny to see the little kids try to get the dogs to do commands. But they were so happy that they got to walk real dogs around!

It was a fun day but long, my daughter crashed when we got home at 5 and slept until 8 this morning!!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Wow super duper congrats to your kidos! Sounds like they had so much fun, especially Autumn! I wish I had a mom like you growing up who did this sorta stuff!

Keep up the good work guys!

Cheers!
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
JessicaR
Been Around A While

I said the same thing My parents never let us kids get involved in sports or 4-h activities, so i want to make sure my kids have the oppertunity to do the stuff I never got to do. I am just glad they really seem to enjoy it! Of course there is always a little complaining when it comes to the not so fun stuff like book work
Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Wow, great job!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
Labman
Been Around A While

I have long advised families with children to do 4-H obedience. Certainiy much of what I know about dogs, I first learned taking my daughter to 4-H. It is a great program and I enjoyed reading your report.

By the way, Raven took first in her class last week. The competition was thin, but brutal. I was impressed with the one young lady with a fairly young puppy. She scored 183 out of 200. That was only good enough for third of three. Our friend recruits members of her 4-H club to show our puppies. I think our grandson can compete in 2018.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I have long advised families with children to do 4-H obedience. Certainiy much of what I know about dogs, I first learned taking my daughter to 4-H. It is a great program and I enjoyed reading your report.

By the way, Raven took first in her class last week. The competition was thin, but brutal. I was impressed with the one young lady with a fairly young puppy. She scored 183 out of 200. That was only good enough for third of three. Our friend recruits members of her 4-H club to show our puppies. I think our grandson can compete in 2018.
Way to go Raven!!! I too try and talk parents into signing up with 4-h. I believe if kids were more involved with activities they would have less time to get into trouble.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:34 AM   #7
k9mania
Administrator

Congrats to your kids. As a former 4-H and FFA member, I know the value of the experience. I also wish that dogs had been a part of the experience when I belonged. I would have been involved with dogs much sooner than I got started. Your children will never forget the experience. They will always remember those kids that they knew in the day.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > General Training