Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Neurotic » Silly pup is Scared of walking in puddles

Old 03-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
Beckie3889
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Beckie3889
Silly pup is Scared of walking in puddles

Was just wondering if anyone else has a pup or dog that just wont walk through a puddle, no matter how shallow it is, I dread taking Holly for a walk when it rains or just after it has as shes a silly little (well not so little now) thing and darts about avoiding the puddles. Everyone laughs when they realise why she is walking all over the place. She just hates getting her feet wet. She walks differently too when its raining. its more like a march...bring her forelegs up high. its really quite commical.
Beckie3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Noodle won't step in puddles or mud either!! Sometimes they're just so silly. He hates the rain and the snow..but he doesn't mind playing in the snow after it falls down.
NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:46 AM   #3
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Jessie is like that too. REFUSES to go outside if its raining. I mean she will hold it for insane amount of hours just to not go out in the rain. I cant tell you how many times we have had to carry her outside and "make" her go potty. She will not walk in puddles either. Sugar, she'll pounce right through them every chance she gets LOL, but my proper little princess has to stay neat at all times LMAO.

Of course its the WHITE dog that has to enjoy making a mess the most.......

Last edited by Shells_k : 04-01-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
Weesha1717
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Weesha1717
Nope, Kipper & Spunky trudge through them with out a second guess. I wish they avoided them, lol.

But, when it is raining they won't go out either. They will keep shaking and shaking off the water. And, pulling us back to the house. But, when it has stopped raining they are at the puddles.
Having fun enjoying the West...One adventure after another!
Weesha1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 AM   #5
Danielle
Been Around A While

Sophie hates walking in muddy puddles, but then again she doesnt like walking in dirt or sand either! She is quite the little lady and doesnt like getting dirty! LOL! Im the same, a little bit prissy, so I think I have unintentionally made her like me!

Abbi couldnt be any more different, she is a total feral! She loves mud, sea water, dirt, dead carcasses to roll in, practically anything filthy she loves!

Danni.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
TTBALLMOM
Been Around A While

Toto will walk around a puddle, and does not car very much for going out in the rain. It rains all the time here, so we usually can't avoid it. He has a little wind breaker/rain coat (AKC brand ) with a hood. Yes a hood. He'll have none of the hood nonsense, but will keep the little coat on. If he should accidently step in a puddle he will stand stock still and look up at me with this expression that says "You couldn't have warned me?"
He has no problem rolling around in duck poop though...lol
TTBALLMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Furbilator
Been Around A While

I wish mine would avoid puddles, unfortunately she sees them as a mini-lake and loves to splash around in them. LABS! If we are off leash and she sniffs out a wet spot, she is in there like a dirty shirt! That is why I have a beach towel by the back door during the spring and summer.
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
kathryngw
New Around Here

feet

Same thing- my dogs hate puddles. Maybe it's very uncomfortable getting their paws soaking wet. After all, they don't wear shoes and can't change out of them after they're wet! Makes sense to me.
kathryngw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
kathryngw
New Around Here

Cool wet feet

Same thing- my dogs hate puddles. Maybe it's very uncomfortable getting their paws soaking wet. After all, they don't wear shoes and can't change out of them after they're wet! Makes sense to me. The times I have had one get soaked paws, he's spent an hour grooming them...
kathryngw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:44 AM   #10
DAVEY
New Around Here

Don't know why you think it's silly

Some dogs don't like getting dirty. Others will wallow in mud and gunk. I know which one I'd prefer. Rotties are known for liking to be clean and because they are short haired and high up even on a wet yucky day a towel suffices to get them clean whereas a Leonburger needs a two hour bath. Pick one. Is that "silly?"

Katie (pic will go up soon) watches TV. Loved walking along the beach and splashing in the water when she was younger. Then she watched the DISCOVERY CH one night where the Patagonian Killer Whales were sliding right up on the beach to grab seals. Next night Katie wouldn't go NEAR the water.

Stupid dog!!
DAVEY is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Neurotic